The Culture of our Work
What makes Veris different than your typical CPA firm? The bottom line – our employees love working together!
Our team members have this inner drive, an innate passion about digging into the client’s pressure points to find solutions or creating paths to make financial management as stress free as possible. And, believe it or not, we have a fun sense of humor! We work and grow together, we support our community with give-backs, and we celebrate personal and company successes. The personal and professional growth of our employees is the cornerstone to why we thrive.
Our Environment Is:
• Positive & Fun
• Managers don’t micro-manage
What You Will Gain:
• Hands-on experience
• Honed career path
• Personal development
• Cross-training in all practice areas
• Flexible schedule
• Unlimited PTO
• Holiday time off
• Fortune 500 benefits
What Defines Veris:
• Heart of a teacher
• Community servants
• Team building
Current Available Positions
Veris has a robust internship program which promotes hands-on experience and personal development using state-of-the-art technology in a cloud-based environment. Our work environment is collaborative, challenging, gratifying, positive, relaxed, and fun! Team building and community give-backs round out the Team Veris experience!
Interns will be responsible for processing and preparing individual income tax returns that include itemized deductions, business schedules, rental schedules, and investments.
- All training
- Coaching with interns through the cycle of tax returns.
- Direct work experience with Tax Managers, Senior Associates, and Partners.
You must be in your Junior or Senior year and have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
We are excited for you to join our Team!
Interviews start September 27th and will end October 29th.
We are currently seeking a receptionist to manage our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative tasks. This is a 40 hour per week temp to hire position. In time the applicant and company will jointly evaluate full-time employment.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication, comfort with technology, and superior customer service skills. Prior administrative experience is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable
- Answer phone calls and emails from clients
- Act as gatekeeper for those seeking time with production staff
- Welcome and direct expected clients to correct destination
- Maintain calendars for office resources and schedule staff appointments
- Check-in, processing, and delivery of tax documentation
- Make deliverable calls to clients
- Perform office opening and closing tasks (i.e. coffee, unlocking doors, etc.)
- High school degree or equivalent
- Enjoys client interaction and getting to know clients
- Willingness to professionally handle difficult client interactions, as applicable
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- High level of comfort using technology and multiple applications concurrently
- Intermediate proficiency MS Office Suite
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt as priorities shift
- Organized in a fast-paced environment
- A can-do team-oriented approach
- Receptive attitude and personality towards coaching and a strong desire to learn
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
Small firm environment, large firm benefits!